Principal, Blockchain and Digital Assets
RSM US LLP
Jay is the National Leader for Blockchain and Digital Assets at RSM. Bringing together all of the services across RSM including Audit, Tax, and Consulting, Jay leads the firm’s capability in addressing both enterprise blockchain technology and the adoption of digital assets such as bitcoin.
With 20 years’ experience in information security and technology innovation, Jay helps clients think through the overall risk of adopting blockchain and digital assets and how to mitigate those risks through operational security and proper implementation of the technology.
Jay’s representative experience includes the following:
- Assessed the implementation of a new cryptocurrency at one of the world’s largest futures and options exchange, including assessing the people, processes, code review, security and organizational risk of the implementation.
- Assisted a number of financial institutions on meeting Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements when accepting or transmitting cryptocurrencies.
- Acted as a subject matter expert to the System and Organization Controls (SOC) teams for the issuance of SOC1 and SOC2 reports for entities utilizing digital assets.
- Acted as a subject matter expert to the financial statement audit teams on addressing the auditor needs when auditing an entity holding or transacting in a digital asset.
- Advised a multibillion-dollar investment entity on the creation of a stablecoin. Advised on both security, compliance with regulations and market fit.
- Advised one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges on the creation of a stablecoin. Advised on compliance with regulations, technology, and banking processes.
Professional affiliations and credentials
- Board Member, Accounting Blockchain Coalition
- Member, AICPA Working Group on Cryptocurrency Audit and Accounting