Cyber Security Track
Brian R. Salmans is currently a lecturer at the University of Kansas where he teaches a variety of information security, information systems, and business analytics courses. He is also an adjunct professor with the University of Maryland University College where he teaches cybersecurity courses. Brian served in the United States Air Force for over 25 years where he retired as a Lieutenant Colonel. His assignments included:
- Chief, Strategic Analysis of the Department of Defense’s Computer Emergency Response Team
- Chief of Command, Control, Communications, and Computer Systems Security at the United States Transportation Command
- Senior Advisor to the Afghanistan Army on Communications and Computer Systems
- Chief USAF Europe Intelligence Systems Support
- Professor at the USAF’s Air Command and Staff College.
Brian holds a Ph. D. in Information Systems from the University of North Texas. His research and publications have been in cybersecurity, enterprise architecture, and supply chain security.